Sunday, November 4, 2007

Week 9 predictions

Let me begin by setting the record straight from something I mentioned last week. Wes and Hoffman had to flip a coin in the Rookie Draft to see who picked 4th and who picked 5th. Hoffman won the toss and took Peterson, so Wes did not, repeat did not, pass on Adrian Peterson in favor of Brandon Jackson. Sorry to Wes for dogging him like that when I was the one with my head up my butt.
I'm anxious to see the Pats-Colts game Sunday. I hope it's a good game, but I have a funny feeling the Patriots are going to more than cover the spread. I also like the Steelers to cover. Find your own third team for the parlay.

Owls @ Pressers
Don't sleep on the Owls this week. They're the pick in this battle of 1-7 teams.
Owls 80, Pressers 70

Buffet Boys @ Creamers
It'll be interesting to see how the Packers fare coming off the big Monday Nighter. Another big game from Favre and Jennings and Pietsch probably wins. A dud and he probably has an L. I betting on the former.
Creamers 84, Boys 83

Wild Hogs @ Carpetbaggers
Randy's won three in a row, but I don't see that streak continuing this week against Al. Combined they have five guys playing on MNF, so I have a pretty good idea what these guys are doing Monday night.
Baggers 94, Hogs 79

Pietschskins @ Double Down
This is the toughest game for me to pick this week. I like Troy's team better, but something is telling me that Marshawn Lynch is about to go nuts on the Bengals. I may be way off here, but I'm liking Daniels to pull off his fourth W in a row.
DD 91, Skins 87

Horned Puffins @ Rampage
Marvin Harrison's status concerns me, but I've gotta play him. I always hate picking myself to win, but Sunday marks the beginning of the Hasselbeck-Hackett TD combo that's going to carry me to the Playoffs (don't bet on that one).

De-Pressers @ Maddogs
I like some of Scott's matchups, but man it's hard to go against Hud's QB tandom of Manning and Anderson. Those two could potentially score 50 points a week. That's a lot to overcome.
Hud 101, Scott 88

last week: 3-3
season: 27-21

No comments: